Marketing Process for Selling a Property
Having an effective plan with all of the relevant details prepares your property in the best possible way. I have developed a set of tools and standards that benefit each of my clients – this toolset is flexible and effective.
- Prepare and present a written a Professional Property Evaluation. Discuss all market research and determine an accurate and competitive asking price with you for your property.
- Review and explain all necessary documents and forms that are pertinent in bringing your property to the market with the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver and the Multiple Listing Service – MLS.
- Evaluate your property and recommend repairs and improvements to prepare your property for showings with an eye to achieving the highest value.
- Assist you in organizing trades and any work needed to have your property ready for viewing.
- Assist and provide information regarding potential staging of your home if needed. There are select staging companies in Vancouver that can help showcase your property.
- Explain, in detail, all documents required for placing your property on the “Multiple Listing Service” (MLS) and bringing your property to the market place.
- Obtain all necessary documentation for your property (detached houses), for example: title search, documents, school catchment, community services, city documentation etc.
- Order a complete document package from the strata management company for Strata properties. Review all the documents to ensure all aspects of the building are operation and details are understood. Being able to answer any potential buyers’ questions promptly and in detail is vitally important in today real estate market.
- Book a professional photographer. Real estate photos are an important part of marketing your property. I hire only talented and proven real estate photographers to capture all the best details and features that your property has to offer.
- Facilitate a professionally produced video of your property to showcase all the assets and beauty of your home. The video tour will maximize the public visibility of your property by integrating the images into the MLS, RealtyLink.ca and social media websites giving potential purchasers the best opportunity to experience your home.
- Arrange for a professional, detailed floor plan of your property. This allows the purchaser to refer back at any time so that they can conceptualize themselves in the property. These architectural drawings are an asset in today’s market.
- Organize a professional graphic designer to prepare a full colour web brochure and a four page, full colour, print brochure (sample attached).
- Activate your listing with Macdonald Realty and get our office working immediately to get your property sold. Sutton West Coast Realty has 1800+ agents in 25 strategic locations in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast and Whistler.
- Place your property on MLS in a prompt and timely manner via the Sutton’s administration staff.
- Showcase your property on my DonUrquhart.com business website with all pertinent details, professional photos, videos, floor plans, Google street view & mapping. My site will contain direct links to your property on MLS, Realtylink.ca and social media sites linking to local and international exposure.
- I work with a specialized internet marketing company that will direct market your property. This powerful tool optimizes your property to potential buyers via the internet. It is a statistical fact that 98% of Buyers initiate their search on the internet.
- Social Media. Google +, LinkedIn and Facebook (business) are used as an additional marketing plan to reach potential local and international buyers.
- Hold secure viewing events based on our agreement; which may include a realtor’s sneak peak open house, privately booked viewings, or a general public “Open House”. Each viewing will be secure and attended by Don Urquhart.
- Follow up with all salespersons and potential purchasers, who have viewed your property to resolve any outstanding questions, facilitate responses and offers.
- Communicate regularly with you to ensure you are apprised of the market changes and updates.
- Provide reports that will outline in detail the current market conditions in relation to your property. This will allow you to make informed decisions during the marketing process.
Structuring the Sale & Post Sale
- Present all offers to you and assist in negotiating the best possible price and terms. Given my more than 25 years’ experience guarantees the best possible terms.
- Prepare a complete document file and E file package for interested Buyers and or the Buyers agent.
- Provide a “Pre Offer Package” which will assist both the buyer and the seller in creating a clean professionally written offer. This facilitates a smoother transaction and a more solid offer. This package consists of a multiple Listing print out, title search, property condition disclosure statement, school catchments, suggested completion and possession dates and any items that are to be excluded.
- After the Contract has been finalized, I will continue to handle all the follow up regarding the mortgage, title and terms. I will continue to be available at any time for you should questions arise.